Build a community that continues to learn
Through:- Building a school wide approach to the teaching and learning and increasing teacher capacity.
Enhance and maintain the wellbeing of all
Our target for the year:- Attendance rates will increase from 88% to 95% across the school, and we will maintain representation throughout the community
Build a community that is connected
Our target for the year:- Increase family attendance at interviews and open day and introduce Yarn Time sessions
Welcome back to Term 3 ~ it has been wonderful to see the students back at school, in Winter School Uniform and enjoying learning together. We are continuing to aim to make sure this learning together at school remains!!!
We know that the COVID situation is again changing most days but at this stage the following advice is as follows: -
When to Stay Home from School
Please keep your child at home if they are showing any symptoms of sickness. Once your child is well again, they can return to school.
If your child develops any symptoms such as a fever, cough, sore throat or shortness of breath:
- Call your GP in the first instance. By calling your GP before arriving they can take appropriate infection control measures.
- Call your school to let them know.
- In the event of an emergency please dial 000.
School Excursions, Events and Activities
The current requirements for CE Catholic schools are as follows:
- Schools continue to limit the number of adult visitors/volunteers on school sites - thank you for assisting us in this measure.
- Assemblies continue to be limited. Small assemblies can continue with limitations on audience numbers (maximum of 100 adults, 1 adult per 4m2, each (family) group must sit 1.5 metres apart).
- Parish sacramental programs can take place on church premises. Social distancing required and less than 100 people.
- Overnight excursions must not occur. Day only excursions can continue within the region. Groups must not exceed 100 people (this number includes adults).
Yesterday the Director Ross Fox meet with all the principals (via Zoom) to discuss the potential situation moving forward. He mentioned the need to be prepared for the return to remote learning. While this is the least desirable situation, staff will be thinking about how that might look if their is the need again. As families if you have any concerns, questions or queries about this please do not hesitate to contact the school.
Together let us continue to care for our community and pray that we remain safe and healthy.
Prayer to the Holy Spirit
Spirit of wisdom and understanding, enlighten our minds to perceive the mysteries of the universe in relation to eternity. Spirit of right judgment and courage, guide us and make us firm in our baptismal decision to follow Jesus' way of love. Spirit of knowledge and reverence, help us to see the lasting value of juctice and mercy in our everyday dealings with one another. May we respect life as we work to solve problems of family and nation, economy and ecology. Spirit of God, spark our faith, hopeand love into new action each day. Fill our lives with wonder and awe in your presence which penetrates all creation. Amen.
The Confirmation celebration for Year 5/6 will be on Saturday 15th August. The following is some important imformation for candidates and families:-
- Each confirmation candidate needs a sponsor.
- Confimation candidates need a Confirmation name - a saint's name
- Important Confirmation Dates for families:-
- Confirmation Commitment Mass – Saturday 8th August @ 6pm Confirmation Candidates and families need to attend this mass
- Confirmation Retreat - Friday 31st July @ SFX
- Confirmaion Celebration - Saturday 15th August at 6.00pm in Our Lady of Lourdes parish - please aim to have numbers of people that may be at the celebration as soon as possible so we can organise appropriate distancing.
Please remember the following dates for students in Year 3/4
- First Reconciliation - 11th September @ 10.30am TBC
- First Eucharist - 7th November @ 6pm TBC
Bookclub Issue 7 has gone home with students. Mrs Elwin will put any orders in Tuesday 7th November. Thanks for supporting this school book fundraiser!
Welcome to Term 3.
Year 5/6 are working together towards a productive term within a challenging learning environment. Each child is aiming to get 100 dojo points by week 5 for quality class work, leadership jobs and taking on challenges.
We are learning about Democracy in history, preparing for Confirmation in Religion, reading Rowan of Rin and in Science we are leaning about electricity and circuits.
In technology we are developing presentation skills of our writing and projects. We are also going to learn Photoshop skills to create some works of art.
Looking foward to an exciting Term 3!
Welcome to term 3. It was great to see all the kids come back to school eager to settle back into learning. This term in K/1/2 we will have a big focus on reading. All the students have chosen a chapter book that they will work on reading each day.
In science we plan to complete some fun experiments over the term as we explore our unit in chemical science. Today K,1,2 worked together to sort words into a retell of Little Red Riding Hood.
Welcome back to school! This term we will be studying Geography – Places are Similar and Different. In English, informative and persuasive writing will be the focus with natural disasters as the theme.
Digital Technology will be taught and we will be looking at artificial intelligence, this will include developing students’ knowledge on binary codes, data, coding and helping them see in to the future of artificial intelligence.
Homework will be given to families who want their child to do weekly homework (please let me know). I would like all students to do 20 mins of reading to you at night. Students will be given a project this Term for homework, this will be an assessment for Geography, this will be given out in week 5-6.
I am looking forward to working with you this Term.
Semester 1 Reports, sent home to families last term were to provide you with a very brief snapshot of how your child is going in Religion, Literacy and Numeracy and observations of Thinking, Communication, Responsibility and Collaboration.
Thank you to those families that took up the opportunity to meet with your child’s teachers to further discuss their progress and to plan moving forward with your child's learning in Semester 2.
If any family missed this opportunity and would like another time please let us know. Families are the main educators of children and working together is important.
Polo Shirts $20.00
School Dress $35.00
Navy Skort $22.00
Navy Shorts $18.00
Sports Shorts $15.00
Sports Polo Shirts $20.00
Track Pants $28.00
Navy Blue Trousers $25.00
Navy Blue Slacks $25.00
Blue LS Shirts $25.00
Polar Fleece Jumpers $30.00
School Hat $15.00
School Tie $10.00
School Beanie $10.00
School Scaves $5.00
School Headband $3.00
School Scrunchie $2.00