Build a community that continues to learn
Through:- Building a school wide approach to the teaching and learning and increasing teacher capacity.
Enhance and maintain the wellbeing of all
Our target for the year:- Attendance rates will increase from 88% to 95% across the school, and we will maintain representation throughout the community
Build a community that is connected
Our target for the year:- Increase family attendance at interviews and open day and introduce Yarn Time sessions
Update for Families on COVID-19
St Francis Xavier School and Catholic Education continue to take advice from health authorities in relation to COVID-19. The Catholic Education Office has a team that is actively monitoring the COVID-19 situation as it develops, paying particular attention to local hotspots and organising support for schools where required. St Francis Xavier School is practicing safe hygiene practices in line with government advice. We understand that the situation is fairly fluid, and we will communicate directly with you should there be any important changes in relation to our school operations in the coming weeks. We remind all families:
· If your child is unwell, they should not attend school. If your child becomes unwell during the day you will be asked to collect them.
· Please ensure that anyone who presents with COVID-19 symptoms in your family is tested.
· Parents and community members should avoid routinely entering the school where possible but can attend scheduled school events and meetings with teachers where required (physical distancing and hygiene measures still apply).
Should you have any questions in relation to our school and COVID-19, please feel free to contact our office.
School Satisfaction Survey
An annual satisfaction survey of parents, students and staff will be conducted on behalf of all Catholic schools in the Diocese this term. The surveys are designed to gather feedback from parents, staff and students about our school and will be used to inform school improvement. Responses are confidential and individuals can not be identified.
The surveys will be launched via email on Friday 7 August 2020 using the email addresses supplied to the school. Families without email addresses are ask to contact the front office.
CONFIRMATION COMMITMENT MASS ~ Saturday 8th August, 2020
Just a reminder that the Confirmation Commitment Mass is on Saturday evening this weekend - Saturday 8th August at 6:00pm. Confirmation Candidates and their families are required to attend this mass. Attached is the commitment the candidates will make in front of the Parish community as part of their preparation to receive the Sacrament, please encourage your child to practice these words. There is one response required from families as well – “Yes we are”
Confirmation Celebration Saturday 15th August – COVID planning and safety measures –
- If families could please let me know the approximate numbers of families and friends attending the Confirmation celebration on Saturday 15th August (next weekend) I would be most grateful – this will enable me to ensure social distancing requirements are met.
- Families and friends will need to sign in when entering the church both weekends – this is a requirement by law.
- Please be aware that due to COVID there is no hand shaking during the Sign of the Peace
- Communion may only be received in the hand
- There is hand sanitiser at the entry points into the church – please use
- There will be no singing in either mass – the commitment mass or the Confirmation Celebration – there will be some reflection music only.
Confirmation Families to do as soon as possible:
- All candidates are asked to make a small contribution to the cake, certificates and material and paints used to make the sashes. The amount of this contribution is $20. Thank you to the families that have sent in their money.
- Confirmation information required from all candidates for the church records – please send in as soon as possible.
- Number of family members and friends for the Confirmation Celebration need to be given to Jacinta please.
Polo Shirts $20.00
School Dress $35.00
Navy Skort $22.00
Navy Shorts $18.00
Sports Shorts $15.00
Sports Polo Shirts $20.00
Track Pants $28.00
Navy Blue Trousers $25.00
Navy Blue Slacks $25.00
Blue LS Shirts $25.00
Polar Fleece Jumpers $30.00
School Hat $15.00
School Tie $10.00
School Beanie $10.00
School Scaves $5.00
School Headband $3.00
School Scrunchie $2.00