- School Goals for 2021
- Principal's Report
- Sacramental Celebrations
- Student Reports and Interviews
- Important Dates to Remember
- Kinder, 1,2
- Year 3/4
- Year 5/6
- Winter Warmer Day
- Wildlife Watching with Healthy Harold
- Child Safety
- Sport Cancellations
- Happy Birthday
- Elders Photo Competition
- School Uniform Price List
- Australian Parents Council Review
Build a community that continues to learn
Through:- Building a school wide approach to the teaching and learning and increasing teacher capacity.
Enhance and maintain the wellbeing of all
Our target for the year:- Attendance rates will increase from 88% to 95% across the school, and we will maintain representation throughout the community
Build a community that is connected
Our target for the year:- Increase family attendance at interviews and open day and introduce Yarn Time sessions
Thank you so very much for your continued support of our school community and your understanding with the added changes to support the health and well-being of everyone that have needed to be put into place due to COVID. We have made it safely to the end of Semester 1 and are all looking forward to a well-deserved break.
Returning to School in Term 3 will still require some of the COVID measures to continue for at least the first 3 weeks. The changes that will remain are:-
- There will be no School excursions, assemblies, external sporting activities
- Bubblers out of use - your child needs to bring a water bottle to school each day
- Sick Bay out of use - No child is to attend school if they are showing any cold or flu-like symptoms. They must remain at home and stay away from school until they are no longer showing symptoms or have attended a GP who has instructed that they are fit and safe to return.
- Canteen on Fridays will continue with just Lunch orders sourced through Fisho’s Hot Bake and Takeaway
- Limited adult visitors - please come to the office first - Lunches that are brought up to school – children will meet family members at the gate. Recess time is 11am and lunch time is 1pm.
We wish everyone a wonderful break. Stay safe and keep well.
The Confirmation celebration for Year 5/6 will be on Saturday 15th August. The following is some important imformation for candidates and families:-
- Each confirmation candidate needs a sponsor.
- Confimation candidates need a Confirmation name - a saint's name
- Important Confirmation Dates for families:-
- Confirmation Commitment Mass – Saturday 8th August @ 6pm Confirmation Candidates and families need to attend this mass
- Confirmation Retreat - Friday 31st July @ SFX
- Confirmaion Celebration - Saturday 15th August at 6.00pm in Our Lady of Lourdes parish - please aim to have numbers of people that may be at the celebration as soon as possible so we can organise appropriate distancing.
Please remember the following dates for students in Year 3/4
- First Reconciliation - 11th September @ 10.30am TBC
- First Eucharist - 7th November @ 6pm TBC
Semester 1 Reports, sent home to families last term were to provide you with a very brief snapshot of how your child is going in Religion, Literacy and Numeracy and observations of Thinking, Communication, Responsibility and Collaboration.
Thank you to those families that took up the opportunity to meet with your child’s teachers to further discuss their progress and to plan moving forward with your child's learning in Semester 2.
If any family missed this opportunity and would like another time please let us know. Families are the main educators of children and working together is important.
* 21st July - First Day back for Students (Staff will be attending Spirituality Day on the Monday 20th)
* 21st & 22nd July from 2pm-4pm Parent Teacher Interviews
* 31st July - 1st School Mass for the Term
During writing, students were asked to write a paragraph about their favourite word. Why is this word your favourite? Do you like the way it sounds or looks? This word could relate to a hobby or activity the students enjoy.
Watch the videos
Last Thursday at 10am students in 3/4/5/6 dialed into Australia's Biggest Child Safety Lesson. This lesson aimed to teach children aged 8 to 12 critical personal safety strategies, particularly in the online world. Child safety and protection is everybody's business.
Ask your child what they learnt!
Time to get snapping - the 2021 Elders Calendar photo competition is now open.
We are calling for your fresh new photos to feature in the 2021 Elders Calendar showcasing your corner of Australia.
Think colour, landscape, community, the people behind the hard work - the best of Australian agriculture and all it has to offer.
Every photo has a story to tell and we are proud to provide a platform for our network and clients to showcase their beautiful images.
Winner of the top prize will receive the prestigious cover spot and $500. All other winners will have their photo featured for a month inside the calendar and receive $100. Terms and conditions apply, see website for details.
Polo Shirts $20.00
School Dress $35.00
Navy Skort $22.00
Navy Shorts $18.00
Sports Shorts $15.00
Sports Polo Shirts $20.00
Track Pants $28.00
Navy Blue Trousers $25.00
Navy Blue Slacks $25.00
Blue LS Shirts $25.00
Polar Fleece Jumpers $30.00
School Hat $15.00
School Tie $10.00
School Beanie $10.00
School Scaves $5.00
School Headband $3.00
School Scrunchie $2.00